My daughter and I recently took a trip to New York City, where we walked along Broadway and even had the chance to see a few Broadway shows! The lights were bright and the colors popped: lots of flash and glitz both on the street and on the stage. This birthday card features the NEW Broadway Bound Product Suite from the new 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog, and it’s a great match for the sights and sounds of the NYC Theater District!
The Broadway Bound Specialty Designer Series Paper includes a variety of gold foil patterned papers, and they’re perfect for featuring on a card background. The coordinating Broadway Birthday stamp set and Broadway Lights Big Shot dies are simple to use since they have such strong visual impact.
6 Steps to a Successful Birthday Card
- Select a Designer Series Paper and pick 1-2 colors to feature (like the Broadway Bound Paper and Lemon Lime Twist)
- Decide which paper you’ll use and cut the background to 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″, plus a coordinating layer at 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Pick a focal point for your card, either a stamped image or a die cut element (the wish and frame die cut here, from the Broadway Lights die set)
- Layer your pieces with Stampin Dimensionals
- Add a stamped greeting from the coordinating stamp set (Broadway Birthday stamp set here)
- Embellish with a special featured touch (the teeny Candle Embellishment on the stamped and die cut candle)
One special note – when you’ve cut out the dotted marquis frame and need a contrasting background, just use the die to cut again. Save the center cut this time, rather than the marquis frame, as I’ve done with the black and white layers here. They’re simple to reattach with Stampin’ Dimensionals that span the two card stock pieces. See? Neat trick!
Ready to get stamping? Love ideas? Good news! I have a Featured Tutorial for the Broadway Bound Suite this month! This 10-project tutorial pdf will give you 10 different project ideas that all use supplies from the Broadway Bound Suite. When you place an order in my online store during the month of June and qualify for Stamp Club “To Go” Perks, you’ll receive this Broadway Bound Tutorial pdf by email!
Did you receive your June 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit already? If you’re in love with the projects and colors, be sure to purchase the Broadway Star Refill Kit (available while supplies last) so you’ll have extra pieces! Refill Kits are available only to Paper Pumpkin subscribers, so if you need to start a subscription, go right ahead! Haven’t heard of Paper Pumpkin yet? Be sure to check out the details on my website.
Products You’ll Need for Stamping at Home (click the images to shop online):
NEW CATALOG PRODUCTS are posted!!
Shop today for first dibs at NEW stamps, papers and more!
- When you order: use the LovenStamps Stamp Club “To Go” Hostess Code (June: 9Z7Y7TDP). Orders of $40+ qualify for FREE Make N Take kits and extra FREE product!
Stamps in the Mail Club with Meg
Sign up today for your JUNE Kit!
Includes the Varied Vases stamp set and three new ink colors plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
BEST VALUE OPTION: Add the Vases Builder Punch to your kit for a discount!