I needed a fun valentine project and I couldn’t wait to try out the new Pyramid Pals Thinlits Dies and the coordinating Playful Pals stamp set. There have been some amazingly fun ideas floating around for this bundle, so making up my own addition to the galleries seemed like a great idea! Plus what’s more fun than a BEE pun for Valentine’s Day?
I know! Never miss an opportunity to make a pun, right?
Anyway, this little guy uses a few of the pieces from the set in a new way – like the elephant ears are used as wings and the lion’s tail makes great antennae. And my favorite – the elephant’s nose makes the little bee arms!
Tips for using the Playful Pals and Pyramid Pals Bundle
- The dies are sized so that you can cut two box pieces from a half sheet of card stock.
- Need stripes? Sponge your own! Line up the stripes mask from the Dots & Stripes Decorative Masks and use a Stamping Sponge to daub ink onto the first three lines. Be sure to stamp or sponge on the box pieces as needed before assembling.
- To create a box that can be opened and closed freely, add adhesive along the tabs of only one triangle shape. BONUS TIP: If the box doesn’t close easily, pinch the bottom of the triangle (where it meets the box bottom) to marginally decrease the size of that side. This also helps the box stay shut without adhesive.
Got a fun idea for this set? There are SO many creative ways to use it! So grab your stamps and dies and get creating! I can’t wait to see what you make.
FIRST Chance to Shop the OCCASIONS Catalog!
- Browse online and see the NEW products!
- Love one of the bundles? Get it free with Stampin’ Rewards (begins at $150 in product)
- Wish List long? Get a discount on your purchases – with a Demo Starter Kit BONUS during Sale-A-Bration!
Sign up today for your January Kit!
Includes the NEW Party With Cake stamp set, Classic Ink Pad and Marker, plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
*BEST VALUE Option – Add the coordinating Party Pop-Up Thinlits Dies at a 25% discount!