Want to know the secret to great coloring results with the Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers? I’ve got 3 top MAGIC tips for you today – along with the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set, which I’m declaring the #1 ‘learn to color’ stamp set. Ready for the magic tips? The first is about the order that coloring happens. The second is about picking your colors and the third is a little secret that people forget all the time. But you’ll be ready to create amazing images after today’s video.
Three MAGIC Tips for Learning to Color with Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers:
Step 1: Stamp your image – today’s card features a mask that leaves the perfect space across the center for a greeting.
Step 2: Layer your colors on the card – this is Magic Tip #1! Layer color in light-dark-light. Start with the lighter Stampin’ Blend Marker and lay a base of even color. Then go back with the darker shade and color on the ‘color here’ lines where shadows should appear. Finally go back with the light marker and blend at the place where the dark and light meet.
Step 3: Add another color – this is Magic Tip #2!! Look below at how the addition of the Daffodil Delight Stampin Blends Marker starts to really bring out the variation in the sunflowers. In addition to the light/dark combo, adding a whole second color (my first was So Saffron) will add extra dimension and interest to your card.
Step 4: Keep on coloring – repeat for each element of your stamped design. Use Magic Tip 1 (light/dark/light) and Magic Tip 2 (add another color) as needed.
Step 5: Add a shadow line to connect your image to the cardstock – this is Magic Tip #3!! Here I’ve used Crumb Cake Light Stampin’ Blends Marker to go around the very outer edge of the entire image. Look below at how I’ve completed the bottom half of the flowers – see how they look so much more realistic, compared to the top half, where I haven’t edged yet?
Magic Tips 1-3 will transform your Stampin’ Blends Coloring.
Then assemble all the pieces as I’ve shown in the video tutorial! Coloring with Stampin’ Blends is one of my favorite ways to create a big WOW on cards.
Love this project? Want to see other Celebrate Sunflowers projects – and get a downloadable PDF tutorial that will also teach you about stamping with bleach? Good news!! The LovenStamps Celebrate Sunflowers PDF Tutorial (4 projects from August 2020) is available for purchase in the LovenStampsCardMart on Etsy!
Even more good news? Yes! From now until the end of October, I’m offering a special coupon – get as many of my currently posted LovenStamps Archives tutorials as you’d like for 30% off! Visit my store at Etsy and use special code LOVENOCT30.
Learn to Use Stampin’ Blends Markers – Celebrate Sunflowers Card Tutorial Video:
Add items to your cart with September hostess code JXXWGB4J for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Harvest Meadows Suite Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code JXXWGB4J)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. September Harvest Meadow Tutorials are available through September 30.
Shop online – it’s the MOST wonderful time of the year!
- First chance at stamps, papers and embellishments from the NEW July – December 2021 Catalog
- Earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration catalog selection for EVERY $50 you order
- When you order: use September Hostess Code (JXXWGB4J). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – plus an extra Sale-A-Bration free stamp set for orders or parties of at least $300)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family!
- Order your supplies at a discount, participate in special demonstrator only opportunities like pre-orders and online events, gather with other demonstrators and trade ideas and inspiration!
- Special offers during Sale-A-Bration only: FREE stamp set and punch or die bundle of your choice! Learn more