Usually I share cards here that are my own creation, but today I just had to post these amazing cards created by the Stampin’ Up! concept art team. Really – they’re beautiful, but they also have some really nifty ideas that can be applied to so many other cards. Think about your stamping ‘tool box’ and be sure to add these techniques!
Negative Space Die Cut Technique
- Stamp the floral image (here – Amazing You Sale-A-Bration stamp set) to create a focal point
- Use the Celebrate You Thinlits Dies to cut out the ‘you’ letters
- Layer other elements to finish the card
Isn’t that cool? I love how the flowers really draw your eye and make it easy to see the ‘you’ die cut. And the black ‘amazing’ die cut is from the same set – available for FREE during Sale-A-Bration.
Repeated Die Cut Technique
- Cut the ‘celebrate’ several times from card stock to match the card background.
- Adhere the words, staggering the die cuts and trimming at the end of the card.
- Layer with a focal point (here, the die cut ‘amazing’ and die cut ‘you’, all three dies from the Celebrate You Thinlits Dies.
Collage Focal Point Technique
That’s pretty much how this is done! When I sit down to create collage cards like this, I gather my supplies and keep layering. Stamp pieces, punch pieces, keep adding layers until I like the finished effect – all without adhering anything. When I like the final product, THEN it’s time to remove the pieces one by one and glue it all down. Keep shifting and moving the pieces until it’s just right.
This card is a great showcase for all the fun elements from the Amazing You Sale-A-Bration stamp set. These two free items might not have topped my shopping list when I first saw the Sale-A-Bration catalog, but they sure jumped to the front when I saw these beautiful ideas for putting them to use!
Like videos? Here’s a quick show & tell from Stampin’ Up! about these two free items.
Can’t see the video correctly? No problem, click here to view it directly on YouTube.
Don’t forget that Sale-A-Bration runs until March 31 – with free stamps (or other fun items) for each $50 you order. Learn more in my online store!
Products You’ll Need for Stamping at Home (click the photo to visit my online store)
SALE-A-BRATION is HERE!!
Shop today for NEW stamps, papers and more!
Plus a FREE Sale-A-Bration item of your choice for EVERY $50 in your shopping cart!
- When you order: use the LovenStamps Stamp Club “To Go” Hostess Code (January: 7299B2Q4). Orders of $40+ qualify for FREE Make N Take kits and extra FREE product!
Stamps in the Mail Club with Meg
Sign up today for your JANUARY Kit!
Includes the Bubble Over stamp set, Tutti-Frutti Sequins and Glitter Epoxy Shapes Sampler, Lemon Lime Twist, Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral Ink Spots plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
BEST VALUE OPTION: Add the coordinating Bottles & Bubbles Framelits Dies at a discount! Upgrade to full size Ink Pads! Or select BOTH upgrades!