Often when I’m demonstrating a card, I hold it up to show everyone, but then remember that there’s just ‘one more thing’ I was planning to add. It actually gets to be a joke with stampers who know me… there is ALWAYS ‘one more thing’ 😉
Here are two samples of the same card, one with a nice simple layout and set of easy-to-follow steps. The card on the left is the ‘one more thing’ version, with a few extras added.
- Use the Paper Crimper to add texture to the Bermuda Bay card stock strip
- Use a Corner Rounder punch to soften the corners of the Sahara Sand layer
- Add a Library Clip as an extra embellishment
- Include a metallic accent such as the stamped and heat embossed medallion from the With All My Heart stamp set
- Step up the background by stamping in Versamark Ink on the Sahara Sand card stock.
**COLOR TIP** When I sat down to make this card, the Thoroughly Modern Designer Series Paper caught my eye, so I used colors from that paper: Rose Red, Taken with Teal and Sahara Sand. Remember that the Designer Series Papers and Simply Scrappin Kits make great color idea sources!
**PRODUCT TIP** Versamark Ink is always one shade darker than whatever card stock color you’re using–so if you have all 48 colors of Stampin’ Up! cardstock, a Versamark Pad is like having 48 colors of matching ink 🙂 (and yes, the Versamark Pad is part of the “I Want It All Kit”, on sale until March 31st!)
To Order Stampin’ Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!
Stamps: With All My Heart
Ink: Rose Red, Versamark (for embossing)
Paper: Rose Red, Taken with Teal, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Accessories: Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch, Bermuda Bay Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Crimper, Heat Tool, Silver Embossing Powder, 1-1/4″ Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Library Clips