Looking for a quick and easy way to decorate for a special occasion? I created this banner (and one more that I sent my mom for her birthday) using the Perfect Pennants Big Shot Die (see it online).
Honestly, these banners could not be easier. Here’s what you need:
- 12 x 12″ Big Top Birthday Designer Series Paper — 12 sheets, enough for a LOT of banners (122348) **check out the Buy 3, Get 1 FREE sale in August!
- Perfect Pennants Big Shot Die (123126)
- Big Shot Die Cut Machine (113439)
- Real Red Satin Ribbon — 15 yards (117286)
- Brights Collection Buttons — 72 in a package (119747)
- Tombo Multiadhesive (110755)
Here are the easy steps…
- Just cut the 12×12″ paper into 5 x 7″ pieces to make as many banner pennants as you need. You can mix and match the circles and the pennants for a fun effect.
- Once you have your pieces cut, lay them out on a length of the Real Red Satin Ribbon. Laying them out before gluing gives you a chance to check your mix of colors. Don’t forget that you can flip over the pennants, since the paper is double-sided!
- Use the Tombo Multiadhesive to run a bead of glue along the top of each pennant, placing it onto the ribbon.
- After all your pennants and circles are glued, lay out a handful of the coordinating Brights Buttons, again, checking for color placement.
- Glue down the buttons with the Tombo Multiadhesive and you’re all done!
Hop to it! You know you have some fun events coming up that could benefit from some extra decorations (aka pennant banners). These are a quick way to dress up your party, or just for everyday fun. Here are some everyday occasions to celebrate during this time of year:
- First Day of School
- School Supply Shopping Day
- End of a Heat Wave
- I Love You
- “I Love Stamping” Day (this is pretty much any day you choose)