If you’ve been following my blog, you know that we just celebrated my mom’s 70th birthday a few weeks ago. I wanted to share one more project that helped set the stage and create the theme at her party. Do you ever see the little plastic cupcake toppers in the bakery? They can really dress up a cupcake, but they aren’t always the exact theme you want. For example, there were no “70 years” picks in the bakery when I dropped through 😉
So I decided to make my own toppers, and I didn’t limit them to the cupcakes either. We used them in the veggie tray, the silverware basket, pretty much anywhere that we could stick a bamboo skewer!
- Start with a 1-3/8″ Circle Punch, in coordinating cardstock. Place a Pop-Up Glue Dot in the center of the cardstock circle.
- Press the end of a bamboo skewer into the glue dot, then place a 2nd glue dot on top of the skewer end.
- Add a die-cut Scallop Circle (from the Pennant Banner Bigz XL die). These were leftover from the banner pieces that I cut for the same party from the Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper.
- Decorate the front of the Scallop Circle with whatever fits your theme. I used the Stampin’ Up! Alphabet Simple Numbers die set to die-cut the “70”. I also added several pieces cut with the Cherry Blossom Embosslits.
- Add glitter–doesn’t everything look better with glitter? 😉