Cooler temps are here (at least around me) and I’m way into Christmas! Today’s card is a fun and unique fold, plus a way to show off both sides of a gorgeous designer series paper like Painted Christmas. The Christmas Cheer dies and coordinating stamps create the perfect word art focal point for this card front. I’ll share a few tips for how to adhere your layers, plus the cutting and scoring directions for making your own curtain fold or drapery fold card for any season.
See how the paper shows both on the front and back side? #DSPCardBase layouts are among my favorites – lots of great ideas on how to showcase the Designer Series Paper with tutorials here on my blog. See more DSP Card Base ideas
The layout is pretty simple. Here’s a how-to from one of my past Drapery Fold Cards:
Just cut and score your paper, then zig zag fold (the video tutorial will walk you through some bonus tips for getting the layers stuck down correctly).
Plus check out the fabulous dies!! I love the way the Stitched Rectangle background sets off the Words of Cheer stamps and dies. See the full supply list
And the curtain or drapery fold element means that a little bit of the card inside is going to peek through to the front for a sneak peek of the inner layer.
I made two versions of this card – same layout, but different pages from the Painted Christmas Designer Series Paper. Do you have a favorite?
If you’re looking for more card ideas for the holidays, be sure to check out my Card Gallery here at LovenStamps. And below you can see the video tutorial walkthrough for this card that I shared earlier this past week.
Drapery Fold Card Fun Fold Tutorial with Stampin’ Up! Painted Christmas DSP:
Add items to your cart with November hostess code 4MNBDMDJ for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Words of Cheer Christmas Bundle & Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code 4MNBDMDJ)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. November Merriest Moments Tutorials are available through November 30.
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family!
- Order your supplies at a discount, participate in special demonstrator only opportunities like pre-orders and online events, gather with other demonstrators and trade ideas and inspiration!
- Special offer from Nov 4 – 30 only: select $125 in products for only $75 – it’s like a $50 shopping spree Learn more
Shop online – NEW early release Eden’s Garden Collection
- Shop early: This gorgeous stamp set and die bundle from next summer’s catalog is available as a sneak peek with an exclusive limited-time Designer Series Paper.
- This delightful and desirable collection includes early-release products from the January–June 2022 Mini Catalog—a bundle of stamps and dies that’s blooming with beauty and bounty. Plus, exclusive products you can’t uncover anywhere else—a pack of paper patterned with green and gold, a set of specialty sheets for gift-giving and textured touches, and a sparkling set of gleaming gems!
- When you order: use November Hostess Code (4MNBDMDJ). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!