What’s more fun than a birthday boy? A birthday boy with a dinosaur card, of course! Or a birthday girl, for that matter! This card features the Spotlighting Technique – a simple way to feature a small area of a stamped image.
This No Bones About It stamp set is a great one for dinosaur lovers. There are 4 different dinosaur skeletons, plus 4 dinosaur outlines to match them, as well as assorted accessories – footprints, leafy greens (go herbivores!) and of course every dinosaur birthday needs a party hat and clever birthday greeting puns.
Want to learn how to make this spotlighting card? It’s pretty simple, but there’s a trick to lining up the pieces (shhhh…I’ll share the secret!).
- Stamp the dino body and punch the circle hole through the top layer (Hello Honey card stock here – 4″ x 4″).
- On a small piece of Whisper White card stock, stamp the skeleton, hat and leafy greens.
- Layer the Whisper White skeleton on the back of the Hello Honey layer so that it shows perfectly through the hole – trimming away any extra card stock that sticks out past the edges. (See? This is the secret! You know you thought the dino was stamped on the folded card base!)
- Assemble the rest of the card pieces.
- Browse online and see the NEW products!
- Love one of the bundles? Get it free with Stampin’ Rewards (begins at $150 in product)
- Wish List long? Get a discount on your purchases – with a Demo Starter Kit!
Sign up today for your February Kit!
Includes the NEW A Nice Cuppa stamp set, 2 Classic Ink Pads, plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
*BEST VALUE Option – Add the coordinating Cups & Kettle Framelits Dies at a 30% discount!