Who says that being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator is all work and no play? Oh wait. No one. It’s mostly playing. Fine, but this time we’ve taken our stamping show on the road – to Orlando!
The Stampin’ Up! Leadership Conference (check out my past Leadership posts) is later this week in Orlando, Florida. And this year we couldn’t resist the chance to head down just a little bit early for a couple of days of fun together as stampin’ sisters! (Yup, that’s like a real sister, but related only through stamping.)
We only arrived today, but our first action after hopping off the plane and exchanging hugs was to jump in the car and head over to Universal Studios for some rides, restaurants and a visit to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
If you haven’t been to Universal Studios yet, then let me share a handful of tips with you, from one stamper to another.
1. If you get your tickets ahead of time (even 3 minutes ahead of time from your smartphone) then you can get a special ‘buy 2 days, get 1 day free’ offer. We got ours through the Universal Studios website and picked them up at the electronic ticket kiosk outside the gate at Universal Studios. Super slick!
2. Whether you like roller coasters or not, don’t miss the chance to ride all kinds of rides and have FUN with your stamping friends! Whether you’re trying not to drop your camera while on the Flight of the Hippogriff (cute little roller coaster – see the pic below) or you’re waiting and people-watching while your crazy friends ride and try not to drop their cameras, be sure to take lots of pictures for scrapbooking on the flight home!
3. Selfies are required for pretty much every ride. Don’t miss any opportunities. Even at the Caro-SEUSS-el in Seuss Landing.
4. Wizarding World of Harry Potter? Splurge on a wand (they do magic!!) or borrow one from your favorite small person (thanks Abby, for letting me bring yours along). The attention to detail on the artwork and scenery in this part of the park is absolutely breathtaking. You’ll love the experience whether you’re a Hogwarts alumnus or you couldn’t care less about that silly Harry Potter stuff.
5. Drink Butterbeer!! They say it’s allergy friendly, and since I can’t do gluten, egg or dairy, I’m a bit leery of mysterious frothy creamy-looking beverages. But I’ve had it a few times over the past couple of years and never had trouble. Be sure to bring a friend along so you can try BOTH the regular and the slushy kinds. I’d say to just get two glasses yourself, but it’s pretty sticky-sweet stuff…one cup will probably be better. After all, you have to go get on the Escape from Gringott’s ride next, and a twisty-turny mine cart experience after 2 butterbeers is best avoided.
Or are you a HUGE Disney fan? (Guilty…that’s me.) Here’s another fun way to play along from home! Tuesday is the day that we visit the Magic Kingdom at Disneyworld. You can play “Where in Disney?” with us! Throughout the day I’ll post pics of us in different parts of the park. Just chime in with your guess (leave a comment) about where we are. First correct guess gets bragging rights on the biggest Disney geek! And if the game has a clear winner, I might need to send you a free stamp set.
And if we inspire you (yes, we demonstrators have fun together), then be sure to click on over and learn more about joining my Stampin’ Up! demonstrator team – the LovenStampfuls. There’s a fabulous special going on right now, and I’d love to get you more information if you’re interested! Just drop me an email.
Sale-A-Bration is here!
- Shop! And get FREE stamps!
- Host! Bonus Stampin’ Rewards with a $250 party!
- Join! With extra perks for joining my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family!
Sign up today for your January Kit!
Includes the Butterfly Basics stamp set, Ink Pad, plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects! Add the Butterflies Framelits Dies at a discount and earn free stamps!