It’s a Halloween Extravaganza this week on my blog! Yesterday a cute Halloween Bear… today a Sweet Treat Halloween gift, tomorrow… well, you’ll just have to wait for tomorrow, but I promise more Halloween ideas!
This project is actually one that we’re making at Stamp Club with Meg this week, as well as next Monday, September 14, 2009. So if you live in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, come on over!
The card uses the Sweet Centers stamp set (new in the Holiday Mini Catalog) and the Sweet Treat Cups.
But when you put candy inside this card, you don’t want the person who receives it to have to destroy your card to get the yummy treat, right? Here’s an elegant solution with a sliding panel. So now you can “have your card and eat it, too” 😉
Here are the instructions:
- Stamp with the Sweet Centers stamp set and punch the center hole with the 1-3/8” Circle Punch.
- Layer your card: (top) Sweet Centers image layer, card layers, inner panel.Adhere all layers except Sweet Centers layer, being sure to exclude adhesive from between the card and the inner panel so that the slider will fit.Trace a circle through the 1-3/8” hole.
- Use the Circle Scissors Plus to cut through all layers at once, allowing blade to cut each layer at a time.
- Adhere Sweet Treat Cup around hole, add Sweet Centers stamped layer.
- Use the 3/4″ Circle Punch to add the half-circle hole on the card side.
- Add slider panel with Olive Grosgrain Ribbon between card and inner panel.
- Give card, pull slider panel, eat candy, enjoy card!
Stamps: Sweet Centers (116521),
Ink: Elegant Eggplant (105210)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Cast-A-Spell Designer Series Paper (115677), Pumpkin Pie (105117), Elegant Eggplant (105126)
Accessories: Sweet Treat Cups (116802), 1-3/4″ Circle Punch (112004), 3/4″ Circle Punch (107217), Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Crop A Dile (108362), Old Olive 5/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon (109054), Linen Thread (104199)