I love the timing of the new catalog – so many fun new things to try, right as summer kicks off! We’ve been in and out of the house, going to concerts, short adventure trips, longer sightseeing vacations – but through it all, I’m loving every minute that I have to play with my new Stampin’ Up! toys!
The Happy Birthday Thinlits Die and the coordinating Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set were actually available early to demonstrators (gotta love those perks) so I’ve had the chance to stamp with them several times.
This card was one that I designed to use with the new Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack. I love the ombre papers – and the color-changing effect really makes the die cut image stand out.
Meg’s Tips for Using the Happy Birthday Thinlits Dies
- Use the Precision Base Plate for easiest cutting. Card stock sticking in the die? Try sliding a piece of waxed paper between the card stock and the die to help the card stock release more easily. I found the die worked fine even without waxed paper.
- Add the NEW Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet material to the back of your card stock before you die cut. This stuff is amazing for detailed die cuts. My recommendation: cut your adhesive material smaller than your final die cut. Why? Because it’s SO much easier to get the backing paper off the final die cut when you can grab an edge of the backing. Trust me on this.
- Experiment with the stamps in the set and pair them with the die cut. They’re bundled together with a discounted price for a reason! So many flexibly greetings and sentiments make this a terrific product pairing for any birthday occasion.
Want to recreate this project? Here’s what you’ll want to order:
Time to say HELLO!
Shop today for your favorite NEW items!
- When you order: use the LovenStamps Stamp Club “To Go” Hostess Code (June: FM9KNGMR). Orders of $40+ qualify for FREE Make N Take kits and extra FREE product!
- June Bonus: orders or parties over $350 qualify for a bonus $35 in Stampin Rewards!
Stamps in the Mail Club with Meg
Sign up today for your JUNE Kit!
Includes the Lovely Inside & Out stamp set, 3 ink spots, 1/2 package of Glitter Acrylic Shapes plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
BEST VALUE OPTION: Get the coordinating Lovely Words Thinlits Dies at a discount! Upgrade to all 5 New In Color Ink Pads! Or select BOTH upgrades!