So what is this? A Funky Four Technique Tutorial, or a Funky Five? Well, there are more ways to use glitter than just 4, so I figured I’d add another card today.
The chocolate glitter (there are 5 choices in the package) is a perfect match for the Chocolate Chip card stock here.
Want to know a secret? If you don’t know how to use your Heat N Stick Powder, you’re not alone! I get asked a lot of questions about stamping, but how to use Heat N Stick Powder is definitely in the top 5.
So never fear, I can help you figure this out. You’ll be making your own glittery mushrooms in no time!
- Stamp your image in Versamark Ink
- Pour Heat N Stick Powder over your stamped image.
- GENTLY tap excess powder off the card stock. Note: this powder is more granular than embossing powder. If you tap too vigorously, too much will fall off your image and you’ll have spotty glitter in the end.
- Use the Heat Tool (see it online) to melt your powder. Note: melting happens quickly! Don’t overheat your powder or it will lose stickiness. Melt only until you see the powder go from white to clear.
- Pour glitter over the melted powder and tap excess glitter back into container.
- Use Heat Tool to briefly set the glitter. This takes about the same amount of heat/time as when you melted the powder in the first place. Brush away any stray glitter.