So what is this? A Funky Four Technique Tutorial, or a Funky Five? Well, there are more ways to use glitter than just 4, so I figured I’d add another card today.
Today’s card is a design from Kim Peck, and uses the Heat & Stick Powder (see it online) as the glue to hold the Supernova Fine Glitter on the card (see it online).
The chocolate glitter (there are 5 choices in the package) is a perfect match for the Chocolate Chip card stock here.
Want to know a secret? If you don’t know how to use your Heat N Stick Powder, you’re not alone! I get asked a lot of questions about stamping, but how to use Heat N Stick Powder is definitely in the top 5.
So never fear, I can help you figure this out. You’ll be making your own glittery mushrooms in no time!
**How to Use Heat and Stick Powder:**
- Stamp your image in Versamark Ink
- Pour Heat N Stick Powder over your stamped image.
- GENTLY tap excess powder off the card stock. Note: this powder is more granular than embossing powder. If you tap too vigorously, too much will fall off your image and you’ll have spotty glitter in the end.
- Use the Heat Tool (see it online) to melt your powder. Note: melting happens quickly! Don’t overheat your powder or it will lose stickiness. Melt only until you see the powder go from white to clear.
- Pour glitter over the melted powder and tap excess glitter back into container.
- Use Heat Tool to briefly set the glitter. This takes about the same amount of heat/time as when you melted the powder in the first place. Brush away any stray glitter.
Be sure to check out my Funky Four Glitter Technique Series from Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4, too.