The Pop-Up Box Card is one of my favorites – and I’ve redesigned it here with new cutting and scoring directions to make the MOST of these pretty Butterfly Brilliance images. More butterflies, more space and more pop-up elements, all make for a card that will WOW your friends and family.
Want to know a secret? This Butterfly Brilliance stamp set bundle is gorgeous – with or without that bijou paper! I’ll share coloring tips today on recreating the look of DSP butterflies, along with the step by step directions on how to make a pop-up box card that’s exploding with pretty butterflies.
Here are my tools – images stamped with the Memento Ink Pad, plus a rainbow of Stampin’ Blends Markers.
The resulting butterflies can definitely give the printed paper ones a run for their money… so if you already have the Bijou DSP, you’ll be able to die cut directly. And if you didn’t get the paper or you’ve used it up (it happens!!) then never fear – your Stampin Blends and these gorgeous detailed stamps will let you create endless butterfly combinations.
I’ve combined my colored butterflies with the Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper – a great match for the color feel and texture of the butterfly stamped images.
Have you looked at Pop Up Box Cards and thought about making one…then decided 2 seconds later that they’re too difficult? I have good news for you – this Pop-Up Box Card Tutorial will make you an expert, and you’re going to love creating this fabulous card with the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set!
I’ve posted a few Pop-Up Box Cards over the past several years, and they’re always a popular idea. In fact, any cards that move are popular. But I still hear talented stampers say that they’re intimidated by these designs and think they’re too complicated to try.
That’s why I love simple directions – ways to make the card design easy with simple steps to follow. For the Pop-Up Box Card, here are the basic cutting and scoring instructions:
Then cut your two inserts (2″ x 3″, score at 1/2″ and 2 1/2″ for this example) and follow along in the video tutorial. Or if you’d like the PDF version, it’s free with your March 2021 order in my online store – any size order qualifies, but remember that ordering at least $50 will get you a LovenStamps Card Kit “To Go”, which includes all the pieces pre-cut for you to create two of my Butterfly Brilliance cards at home – the Faux DSP Card Base and the Direct-To-Stamp card.
Be sure to check out all the Butterfly Brilliance tutorials here on my blog.
Ready to see the video tutorial?
Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Supplies for this project can be found with Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link https://s.tamp.in/Q8FUnD or by clicking below.
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. March Butterfly Brilliance Tutorials are available through March 31.
Shop the January-June and Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalogs, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use March Hostess Code (PKXR6392). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
Paper Pumpkin April 2021: So Cool
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 12 cards and coordinating envelopes. The kit’s contents include printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, embellishments, adhesive, an exclusive stamp set and more!
- Available with a Paper Pumpkin subscription by April 10.
- Sign up with a prepaid Paper Pumpkin code or subscribe for monthly kits.
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin!