When it’s time to deck the halls, you’re going to love this project. Turn a 12×12″ sheet of designer series paper into a gorgeous cut snowflake plus a quick double sided #dspcardbase greeting card.
The directions are pretty simple – but it’s easiest to see a walkthrough by video. That’s what I shared on today’s 50th Holiday Helper & LovenStamps Studio Tour video! Wow – where did the time go? 50 videos on 50 days? If you haven’t checked out my playlists, they’re available online for free:
3D Snowflake Ornaments: Paper Folding & Cutting Directions
Based on the photos above, here are the steps you’ll need.
- Start out with 6 pieces of 4″x4″ Designer Series Paper.
- Fold the paper in half on the diagonal.
- Fold again at the midpoint.
- Cut 3 slits at the double folded edge, going up and stopping 1/4″ short of the single fold edge. The cuts should parallel the open edges. My cuts (you’ll see in the video) are at 1/2″, 1″ and 1 1/2″. B sure the cuts go all the way through all 4 layers.
- Flatten paper, then alternating front and back, bring the opposite tips together and adhere in the center.
- To finish the snowflake, bring all folded 6 papers together in the center and adhere between two punched circles.
I love the way these come out! Soo pretty – decorate with rhinestones or sequins as you wish.
They make a terrific hanging ornament, either for your tree or as a decorative art piece. Experiment with different sized squares to begin – any size will work. And you’ll have a 4×12″ piece of designer series paper left from your original 12×12 sheet, so be sure to turn that into a #dspcardbase greeting card to match!
Be sure to check out the Fun Friday FIFTY on today’s video! I’ve got a Friday @ 5 pm CT giveaway to draw – a project kit to make the projects that I shared this week on Wednesday and Thursday. Leave a comment in today’s Holiday Helper video to join the drawing.
Ready to stamp?
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. December Tutorials are available through December 31!!
Products You’ll Want for Stamping at Home:
Order with a one click add-to-cart button! You’ll find all the supplies listed here.
Shop the Holiday and Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalogs, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use December Hostess Code (ZR7EGGFE). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family