I haven’t seen any yet, have you? You know, those commercials for Cadbury Creme Eggs where the bunny comes out, clucks like a chicken, then lays those magic chocolate eggs with the yummy filling?
I’ve loved seeing those commercials for as long as I can remember, and when I saw several stamped samples that combined the chick from the “A Good Egg” stamp set and the bunny ears from “Sock Monkey Accessories“, I couldn’t resist whipping up a quick card of my own.
Sock Monkey Accessories is actually a terrific set for lots of holidays–whether you have Sock Monkey or not! The Santa hat, bunny ears, picnic basket, etc. are great add-ons for all kinds of other images and themes.
The idea isn’t a new one–it’s been around for awhile, but here’s my take on the theme! I found a reference to Donna Henley as the original creator.
- Begin with a small Whisper White notecard: dry emboss a panel on the front (just like the old Raised Edge Notecards–you can make your own!)
- Stamp the bunny ears and color with Aqua Painters and Rich Regals Watercolor Wonder Crayons
- Watercolor the background, inside the raised edge
- On a separate paper, stamp the chick from “A Good Egg”
- Stamp the chick again on So Saffron cardstock and cut out
- Add the eggshell to the chick and cut out
- Watercolor with Watercolor Wonder Crayons
- Cut out and attach with Stampin’ Dimensionals
To Order Stampin’ Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!
Stamps: A Good Egg (114974), Sock Monkey Accessories (111552)
Ink: Basic Black (101179)
Paper: Whisper White, So Saffron
Accessories: AquaPainters (103954), Rich Regals Watercolor Wonder Crayons (106698), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)