Happy New Year!! Thanks for sharing another great year of stamping with me — I appreciate all the kind emails and comments and I love seeing stampers in person at classes, workshops and clubs. Stamping is such a fun and fulfulling hobby. I love the joy that comes from creating something, plus then there’s the joy that comes from sharing, and the joy that results from receiving. With all that joy in there, it’s not hard to see why papercrafting is such a popular pursuit!
For today’s card — why use just one banner when you can have a whole flock of them? This is a fun and simple card that can be adapted for any happy occasion…birthdays, anniversaries, new babies, Happy New Year…anything that you’d fly a banner to celebrate.
Try making it in blues and oranges or reds on a Crumb Cake background and use it as a masculine card.
Product Focus: Glass Glitter
At first glance, this glitter jumps out as something special. With the larger particles and super shine, this glitter lends itself to the ‘shabby chic’ trend, or anything vintage. The Silver Glass Glitter (120995) is especially good for the ‘hip’ trend – subway art (word art) and bright cheery effects.
Here are a few tips for using this glitter:
- Use Crystal Effects (101055) for great sticking power. Draw a light bead of Crystal Effects along the edge of your paper – the lighter the better. With this glue, a little goes a long way.
- Pour glitter over the Crystal Effects – don’t dip into the glitter. The texture of this glitter makes it work best when it’s not ‘flattened’. Pouring glitter over the glue allows the 3-d shape of the glue to help the glitter to stick up.
- If your Crystal Effects moved a bit, use a pin or paper clip to gently nudge the glitter back where you want it to appear (ie uncover the edges of your stamped image that may have gotten covered).
Here’s a short Video Tutorial with tips for making this quick and simple card – plus a “how to” on making your banners look like they’re flowing in the breeze.
Viewing via email? You’ll need to click here to visit my blog to see the video
Featured supplies are available through my online store:
Or learn more about my monthly Stamps in the Mail Club with Meg!
Supplies: Stamps: Yippee Skippee; Inks: Marina Mist Classic, Rich Razzleberry; Cardstock: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Silver Glimmer Paper, Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper; Accessories: Silver Glass Glitter, Crystal Effects, Deco Labels Collection Framelits, Big Shot, Diagonal Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Shop the Deal of the Week!
- Offers available only while supplies last
- New items are listed every Tuesday
- Discounts appear in your shopping bag at checkout