My son has been asking for weeks if we could get corn on the cob. And I’d been putting him off, saying that it’s just too early — that’s a summer treat. But it’s official, summer must be here, since we had our first corn on the cob of the season this week. It was yummy, too! I’ll admit, I wasn’t too hopeful.
But it gives me one more reason to be thankful for stamping. I can make the Mouthwatering cherries perfectly delicious EVERY time — in any season! Plus with the new Scented Stampin’ Emboss Powder (see it online in Cherry), they even SMELL yummy.
There are a lot of fun tricks on this card:
- Make the background stand out with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder (see some other ideas for this folder)
- The cherries from the Mouthwatering stamp set (see it online) are colored using the Marker to Stamp Technique to get two colors on one image
- To add the scented embossing powder (yum, cherry!) to the stem, I used my Versamarker (see it online). It’s like Versamark ink, but in pen form, so you can add it just where you want the embossing powder to stick.
- Glittery Cherries: there’s always room for glitter! The red liquid glitter comes in a bottle: Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details (see it online)
- The brad at the end of the banner is one of the Jelly Bean Brads (see them online) in the Sweet Shop Product Suite (see some other Sweet Shop projects)
- The Labels Collection Framelits (see them online) lend a fun shape to the front panel — and I echoed it with another die-cut in the middle of the card.
- “You’re the BEST” comes from the Perfect Words hostess stamp set (see it online) — a set I find myself pulling out regularly!
Mmmm… more corn on the cob hopefully for us this week. And in the meantime, I’ll be stamping treats that make me think, “summer”!