Back in Episode 240 I shared a traditional shaker card with video tutorial on how to cut and assemble the layers. Today I’ll show you how every stamp set (especially ones with dies) has a secret Shaker Card Assembly Kit included! The Seas the Day stamp set and die bundle is the perfect funny punny duo for a fun card with this kind of extra bonus. I’ll share a couple of must-have tricks for this card and lining up all the pieces, plus you’ll love this trick for making a shaker card with the rubber that’s included with your stamp sets.
Not sure which stamp sets will work with this trick? Check the labels – if they’re “cling stamp sets” then they’re the red rubber stamps that will come to you with the red rubber outlines. The Photopolymer stamps are the see-through stamps, and they don’t come with outlines because of the way they’re made by Stampin’ Up!.
Need a background paper? Don’t miss the Last Chance elements from today’s card – including the Tasteful Label Dies and the 6×6″ Designer Series Papers.
How to Use Red Rubber to Make a Stampin’ Up! Shaker Card:
- Save the coordinating rubber outline from your stamp set. Trim as needed.
- Die cut holes in the card layer that will go over your shaker box.
- Adhere window sheet to the back of the card top layer, and position images on the card base where they will show through the windows.
- Add red rubber outlines to each shaker box with Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive. Fill with beads and glue the card top layer over the shaker elements.
Voila! Be sure to watch the video tutorial below for step by step instructions and a walkthrough on making your own shaker cards like this one. I’ve got tons of tips to share, and the video does the best job of catching them all! (And also, don’t do what I did at the end and spill the beads…)
Looking for easy-print downloadable PDF tutorials for building your card idea library? Tutorials from the LovenStamps Archive are available for purchase in the LovenStampsCardMart on Etsy.
Secret Shaker Cards with Stampin’ Up! Red Rubber Video Tutorial
Add items to your cart with April hostess code SJZZYC33 for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Seas the Day Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code SJZZYC33)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. April Flowering Rain Boots Tutorials are available through April 30.
Shop the January – June 2022 Stampin’ Up! Mini Catalog, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use April Hostess Code (SJZZYC33). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
Waves of the Ocean Limited Release Product Suite
- Explore artistic expression with this exclusive, early-release collection!
AVAILABLE FROM 1 MARCH TO 2 MAY
- Discover the depths of the ocean—and your artistic abilities—with the Waves of the Ocean Collection. With blue hues, sparkles and swirls, and paper with imagery of hand-poured paint, you’ll be swimming in a sea of inspiration! Craft with this coastal collection for projects that’ll make a splash.
- Shop the NEW limited-time Waves of the Ocean Suite
Paper Pumpkin April 2022: sign up by April 10
- All the supplies you need to create nine cards and coordinating envelopes.
- Cards are created with a unique folding technique to commemorate moments of change. The designs are inspired by the natural cycles of change found in nature.
- Sign up with a prepaid Paper Pumpkin code or subscribe for monthly kits.
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin!