What says ‘guy’ card more than a card that’s engineered with a secret panel, a trap door or a pop-up element? I hear you – the Pop Up Box Card is a perfect card for Dad for Father’s Day or a birthday. Or for any guy – or any person in your life who loves a good pop up card! The Pop-Up Box Card looks so complicated, but I promise it’s not hard to make your own. Today’s video includes simple scoring and cutting tips, plus the secret on getting the panels inside the card to lie flat every time.
The great thing about this bundle is that you can use the stamps and dies (like the card above) or you can use the laser cut elements from the Specialty Designer Series Paper (like the card below).
Start out with a regular half sheet of yardstick, 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 2″, 4″, 6″ and 8″, then for today’s version, score across the sheet at 2 1/4″. I’ll teach you how to assemble and fill your pop up box with fun elements to celebrate bbq with the fun die cut elements included with the NEW He’s the Man Specialty Paper.
To fold the box part, be sure to start with your card flat – don’t attach the layers by holding them in the middle of the air. It’s much easier to get a square card by keeping all the paper flat on the table as you fold the ends together.
Then to add the panels, fold them in one at a time (cut panels to 2″ tall x 3″ wide and score at 1/2″ and 2 1/2″). Adhere one end of the panel, then gently close the card to allow the second edge to adhere in the correct place so that the card opens and closes properly.
Then select your elements (either stamped or from the laser cuts in the DSP) to create your pop up pieces.
Be sure your pop up elements are placed so that the card can fold flat and still fit in an envelope.
Today’s card is one of 4 featured in my May LovenStamps Monthly Tutorials. Each month I carefully select a group of coordinating supplies – stamps, ink, papers and embellishments – then design 4 fabulous projects using only those products. You’ll love crafting these 4 projects at home! You can follow along with the monthly LovenStamps Project Tutorial videos, or you can follow the directions in my printable PDF tutorials – a new tutorial set is available for free each month when you order products in my online Stampin Up store. (Or you can purchase the PDF tutorials in my LovenStamps Etsy shop.)
Plus if your stamping order is at least $50, then you’ll also receive LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” – two ready-to-stamp card kits mailed to your home for 2 of the monthly projects. Just add your stamps and ink, and I’ll supply the pre-cut papers.
Looking for easy-print downloadable PDF tutorials for building your card idea library? Tutorials from the LovenStamps Archive are available for purchase in the LovenStampsCardMart on Etsy.
Pop-Up Box Card: Stampin’ Up! Video Tutorial
Add items to your cart with May hostess code EDWHZBC7 for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
He’s The Man Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code EDWHZBC7)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. May He’s the Man Tutorials are available through May 31.
Shop the NEW 2022-2023 Annual Stampin’ Up@ Catalog, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use May Hostess Code (EDWHZBC7). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family – with a special In Color Starter Kit Bonus (an extra $66.50 in products for free!) through May 31
Paper Pumpkin May 2022: sign up by May 10
- Create magic with the NEW 2022–2024 In Colors with this Paper Pumpkin kit! With vivid pops of green and red and a range of blues, these colors are perfect for fun festivities. Send your best wishes or happy moments with the large bold lettering and gorgeous gold foil details. Plus, you can also send gift cards with the included coordinating gift card holders!
- ALSO: May kits include the chance to win a Golden Ticket that can be redeemed for $25 in Stampin’ Up! product.
- Sign up with a prepaid Paper Pumpkin code or subscribe for monthly kits.
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin!