Stamp them or die cut the blooms, these Pansy Petals Suite Collection coordinates give you the perfect choices for any card layout. But if you want to try a new Fun Fold card idea, today’s Faux Buckle card creates the feeling of a three panel card with a special feature of the Tailor Made Tags Dies. The extra special touch of a stitched border sets this card layout apart from the average.
When a new catalog comes out, it’s always a little bit tricky to figure out what goes together. That’s where I come in! I’m here to help you sort out the parts and pieces that will add to your stamping collection and help to coordinate projects. The Pansy Petals Suite Collection is uniquely set up to feature this year’s NEW 2021-2023 In Colors, which means that the new In Color collection will give you SO many options for papercrafting.
Pansy Petals Suite Collection Supplies & Suggested Coordinates:
- Pansy Patch stamp set and coordinating Pansy Dies bundle (pg 28-29)
- Pansy Petals Designer Series Paper (pg 132)
- 2021-2023 In Color Class Stampin’ Pads & Cardstock Assortment (pg 126)
- 2021-2023 In Color Jewels (pg 142)
- Ombre Gift Bags (pg 137)
The layout of this card is so simple – a Fun Fold that works for so many stamp sets and themes. The reason I love this version so much though, is that the new Tailor Made Tags Dies create the perfect extra detail — a sweetly stitched border that brings out the detail in the pansies.
See how the greeting is revealed by the faux buckle? Plus there’s plenty of space to write your message inside this type of card.
There are a few little tricks to making this card work, including the order of assembly. Don’t get too excited and stick your inside card layer down before you add the tag!
Instructions for the Faux Buckle Card Layout:
- Cut the card base to 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score at 5 1/2″.
- Trim away 2 1/4″ from the card front. Use this scrap to die cut the Tailor Made Tag ‘buckle’.
- Cut the Basic White inside card layer to 4″ x 5 1/4″ and stamp as desired.
- Fold 1/2″ of the tag element underneath, then adhere to the back of the Basic White card layer. Adhere inside layer to card base.
- Decorate as desired (Pansy Patch stamp set and dies are excellent coordinates for this stitched tag!). The DSP panel for the card front is 3″ x 4″ — perfectly sized for efficient use of the 12×12″ Designer Series Paper!
Remember to keep your inside stamped image where it will be hidden by either the card front or the buckle element. You don’t want to give away your message before the card is opened!
Love the look of this project? Be sure to check out my other Pansy Petals tutorials and the supply list. If your order is at least $50, then you’ll also receive LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” – two ready-to-stamp card kits mailed to your home for 2 of the monthly projects. Just add your stamps and ink, and I’ll supply the pre-cut papers and embellishments.
Pansy Patch Faux Buckle Fun Fold Card Idea – Video Tutorial:
Add items to your cart with May hostess code QU9ABKVP for LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since. Those orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (Hostess code QU9ABKVP) or click the photos below:
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. May Pansy Petals Tutorials are available through May 31.
Shop the NEW Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog, new suites and collections!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use May Hostess Code (QU9ABKVP). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – don’t use the hostess code for orders over $150, since you’ll pick your own Rewards with your order)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family AND get a bonus $30 in your Starter Kit, for a total of $155 in products of your choice for only $99 (and the shipping is free!) — available May 4 – May 31 only.
Join my Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Family!
- When you join the LovenStampfuls community as a demonstrator during May 2021, you’ll get a BONUS $30 in product of your choice with the Starter Kit!
- Select $155 in product of your choice (normally $125) and pay $99 – plus shipping is free.
If you have a long Wish List in the current catalogs, the Demonstrator Starter Kit option is absolutely the best offer.
The choice to purchase for yourself at a discount or to share Stampin’ Up! with others is your own. There’s no risk or obligation and no requirement to have parties, classes, or even place another order.
- Learn more about the perks of getting it all!