Occasionally a die cut shape isn’t large enough to create a backing layer for another shape. In this case, consider cutting the die cut to allow it to peek out on both sides of the foreground image. This trick also works well for punched shapes or for strips of designer series paper.
The ornate frame on my pillow box is cut in half to allow the edges to show at either end of the stamped label.
If you know Stampin’ Up!, then you know the color matching is everything. So simple to create professional looking projects when the ink, card stock, designer series papers and embellishments all match. But what to do (gasp) when there isn’t a ribbon in the color you need? Simple! Create a card stock ribbon from coordinating colored paper!
On these boxes I created ribbons in both Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie. Simple, effective color coordination, using the supplies that were already on my craft table.
It’s not too late to shop for Halloween! Quick, place your order and get your items in time to create some spooky treats of your own!
Products You’ll Want for Stamping at Home (click below to order, or here to add directly to your cart):
Shop the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog, online 24-7!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use the LovenStamps Stamp Club “To Go” Hostess Code (October: DB2YYKW7). Orders of $40+ qualify for FREE Make N Take kits and extra FREE product!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family!
- Ideas & inspiration at your fingertips – any time you want!
- Qualify to get this class for free by placing a $50 order (before shipping/tax) during the month of October with the LovenStamps Online Crafting Class Hostess Code: W2Y7CFVZ
- All projects feature the Snowman Season stamp set and coordinating Snowman Builder Punch, plus products from the Let It Snow Suite. Check the shopping list for the items you’ll need to complete projects as shown!