I’ve been loving my Blending Brushes for creating autumn color and the new Time of Giving stamp set and coordinating Gift Giving Dies are the perfect combination to show off this #simplestamping masking technique. This stamp set is a sleeper – it’s easy to overlook, but I’ve got TWO cards today that will bump this bundle to the top of your Stampin’ Up! Wish List. Be sure to check the link below for supplies!
To create the torn border effect, tear a piece of paper and hold it over your project layer. A large post-it note works perfectly, because you can stick it down and not worry as much about the mask shifting while you’re applying color.
Use Blending Brushes to apply the color (I masked the top and the bottom of this card layer). Colors here were Pale Papaya, Poppy Parade and Rich Razzleberry. Then stamp the leaves and dots on the card front – all BEFORE removing the mask. When you remove the mask, voila, all the pretty color is revealed with the contrast vs the light background.
Blending Brushes make a great way to treat cardstock BEFORE die cutting, too, as I’ve done on the leaves above. The colors echo perfectly from the background and the blends fit the theme of the card better than a plain cardstock die cut shape.
I love the way the ombre technique works with a mask to highlight the inside of the card, too. And the sweet pumpkin silhouette is a perfect bonus from the Gift Giving Dies. In fact, the pumpkins inspired my second card:
Just add ombre background behind the top panel and cut the pretty snowflake silhouette from the top layer to create a window.
These products go so well together – and there are SO many possibilities for the elements… how about a santa’s sleigh silhouette card? Or ornaments in your favorite colors?
The crisp white card base is a great foil for the deep saturated blues in the background.
Add the blue adhesive backed gems for the perfect accent.
Ready to stamp? Grab your Blending Brushes and some ink and the video will walk you through creating your masked background ombre card!
Masking for Ombre Backgrounds with Time of Giving – Card Tutorial Video:
Add items to your cart with September hostess code JXXWGB4J for LovenStamps Perks Points and Tutorials. **Orders over $150 should not use the hostess code since those Stampin’ Up! orders qualify for Stampin Rewards selected at the time of the order. Don’t worry, you’ll still qualify LovenStamps Perks Points and tutorials!
Time of Giving Stampin’ Up! Supplies you’ll want for stamping at home:
Use Meg’s 1-Click Add-to-Cart Shopping Link for Stamping Supplies (September Hostess code JXXWGB4J)
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. September Harvest Meadow Tutorials are available through September 30.
Shop online – it’s the MOST wonderful time of the year!
- First chance at stamps, papers and embellishments from the NEW July – December 2021 Catalog
- Earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration catalog selection for EVERY $50 you order
- When you order: use September Hostess Code (JXXWGB4J). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders – plus an extra Sale-A-Bration free stamp set for orders or parties of at least $300)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family!
- Order your supplies at a discount, participate in special demonstrator only opportunities like pre-orders and online events, gather with other demonstrators and trade ideas and inspiration!
- Special offers during Sale-A-Bration only: FREE stamp set and punch or die bundle of your choice! Learn more