Happy Pi Day to you! That’s right – in my book at least, any holiday inspired by math is one worth celebrating! In case you didn’t know, the Greek symbol π (pi) represents a crazy-long number that is used in figuring out the area of a circle. A = πr2 to review a little math!
But thanks to the super-handy Basket Weave Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, we can now make fun punch art pie tops for our projects – and kudos to Erica Cerwin for coming up with the idea to use the folder for pie! My simple Punch Art is definitely the easiest way I know to make pie…no need to cut in the butter, either.
Pie Punch Art pieces:
See? Simple! And to make this card even more fun, try adding a Stair Step Pop-Up element inside to feature the rest of the picnic basket and pieces. If you can fold a piece of paper, then this Pop-Up Card technique is for you!
Stair Step Pop-Up Card Tutorial
- Fold 2 ½” x 6” strip of Designer Paper in half.
- Open and fold both sides to the center so that three fold lines are now present.
- Open and fold again to add a fold line *between* each of the score lines, for a total of 5 folds.
- Reverse any folds as needed to create a stair step shape. Score lines should be at 1 ½”, 2 ¼”, 3”, 3 ¾” and 4 ½”.
- Adhere staircase panel inside card: collapse all folds and adhere to the bottom and top of card with strong adhesive (Tear N Tape).
Want to see it in action? Good news! You can watch my video tutorial for this Stamps in the Mail Club card.
Want to make your own picnic pop-up card? Good news! You can request a Stamps in the Mail Club kit for March and you’ll get all the pieces pre-cut along with the stamps and ink you need to make this project, plus 3 others.
Do you have your March Stamps in the Mail Club kit yet? I’d love to put one in the mail to you. If you already own the Picnic With You stamp set, that’s PERFECT! You can pick something else from your Stampin’ Up! Wish List to get with your Mail Club kit. Just let me know what you’d like instead when you fill out the request form.
Products You’ll Need at Home (click images to shop online):
SALE-A-BRATION is nearly OVER!!
Shop today for NEW stamps, papers and more!
Plus a FREE Sale-A-Bration item of your choice for EVERY $50 in your shopping cart!
- When you order: use the LovenStamps Stamp Club “To Go” Hostess Code (March: EZFWJACK). Orders of $40+ qualify for FREE Make N Take kits and extra FREE product!
Stamps in the Mail Club with Meg
Sign up today for your MARCH Kit!
Includes the Picnic with You stamp set, Tutti Frutti Stampin’ Spots, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
BEST VALUE OPTION: Add the coordinating Basket Builder Framelits Dies at a discount!