My biggest crafting passion is, of course, papercrafting. Cards, little gifts, boxes and packaging…which is why I’m a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and why I share projects here with you! But I’m also a closet sewist and I love stitching and fabrics, too. (I know, weird word, but “sewer” doesn’t really convey the right image – lol.)
The problem is that I have loads of pretty fabrics, and usually not enough ‘needs’ on things to do with them. Until masks, of course. Since March, my kids have helped me sew over 1200 fabric face masks to donate through local organizations, schools and for neighbors and friends.
Without a specific need though, I have trouble getting out my sewing machine. So many pretty fabrics, and not enough ideas on ‘useful’ things to make.
- Do you have the same problem with your cards?
- Love to make cards, but not enough ‘useful’ places to put them?
Believe it or not, I hear you! But fortunately, I’ve got some ideas for you. The world can ALWAYS use more hand-made cards. Sometimes it just takes a little connection idea to get them sent to the right place. So here are my helpful tips on where you can send cards
Ideas for Sharing Your Hand-made Cards
- Give cards as gifts to friends and family: Package them up with a ribbon or in a cute box with envelopes for a ready-to-send present.
- Local Assisted Living Communities: There are two ways to reach residents. One is to write notes in cards – ’thinking of you’ is always a great sentiment. The other option is to deliver cards and envelopes that residents can use to mail for their own card-sending occasions. My suggestion is to phone your local assisted living community and ask which they’d prefer and how many residents/cards they would like.
- Churches: Many churches send cards to shut-ins or to those with health concerns. Some churches also send birthday and anniversary cards. Reach out to local churches and ask if they’d like cards and envelopes donated.
- Civic, church and school organizations: Need a fundraiser? Package cards 3-4 in a pack with envelopes and groups can sell card packs as a fundraiser. I often group cards for this purpose (ie birthday pack, thank you pack, thinking of you pack). Pricing can vary depending on the purpose and area and complexity of cards, but a good starting point is $10-12 for 3 cards.
- Thank You cards for first responders, military, veterans, teachers and civic workers: Write a note and drop a card in the mail to people who serve in your community. Everyone loves to be appreciated.
- Card for the Troops: There isn’t often a greeting card store available for military members serving overseas. Look up an organization in your area that specializes in sending boxes of greeting cards to bases overseas for soldiers to use in sending messages back home.
Ready to stamp?
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. September Tutorials are available through September 30!!
Products You’ll Want for Stamping at Home (click images to order online):
Shop the Holiday and Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalogs, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use September Hostess Code (AYUP2NRT). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
LIMITED TIME Get & Go Starter Kit Offer:
- Get TWO bonus stamp sets for free, plus pre-cut card materials to make 16 cards (and envelopes).
- Demonstrator Starter Kit can be customized to include whatever YOU want to order!
- Just pick out $125 in product, and the kit is $99 plus you’ll save with FREE shipping.
- Learn more about joining my LovenStampfuls Demonstrator team!
Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog & Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine: Now open for ordering!
- It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Time for the “August – December 2020 Mini Catalog,” aka the Holiday Catalog.
- Check out suites and supplies for your projects.
- Be sure to request a copy of the paper catalog if you haven’t received one already.
- AND the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is now available for ordering!
- Shop the Holiday Catalog now in my online store.