Other ways to use this? Put a cute little gift inside! It IS a box, after all 😉 Or try it as a simple scrapbooking gift. Just cut photos to fit on the side panels so that when the lid is removed, the photos fold down. The center would be perfect for a bit of heart-felt journaling.
- Stamps: Fresh Cuts
- Inks: Sage Shadow Stampin Write Marker
- Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip Patterns Designer Series Paper, Sage Shadow, Whisper White, 4 Fresh Cuts Note Petal pieces
- Accessories: White Grosgrain Ribbon, Large & Small Tag Punches, 5-Petal Flower Punch
- Begin with a piece of Brocade Blue cardstock piece (8.5 x 8.5”) and score at 2-7/8” on all sides, plus score on each corner on the diagonal (score line to score line). Next cut off the 4 corners as shown.
- Fold the box along the straight score lines, then fold in on the corner score lines as shown in the picture.
- For the lid, score your Designer Series paper (6×6”) at 1.5” on each side. Use scissors to cut up to the score line on one side, then again on the opposite side (see picture).
- Fold along score lines so that tabs will go inside the box lid. Add adhesive to the tabs (Tombow Multiadhesive, Sticky Strip or SNAIL) to hold the lid together.
- Decorate the top of your lid: stamp the “for you” in Sage Shadow on the Whisper White tag. Layer with the Brocade Blue tag. Use adhesive to stick 4 of the petal piece punch-outs from the Die Cut Notes on the top of your box to create a flower. Cut the Sage Shadow 5-Petal Punch piece into individual petals and add two as leaves for your flower.
- Close up box and put lid on top, then tie ribbon to finish.
This is actually a project from one of my previous rounds of my Stamps in the Mail Club. If you’re interested in signing up for the next round, you can sign up now! The Club begins at the start of May!