Know what I love best about this project? Okay, there are really two things. First, I’ve got a trick for you on how to change a plaid from a diagonal to a horizontal pattern (so simple!). And second, all the supplies for this project – ink, stamps, accessories, embellishments and papers – make the PERFECT “I Want It All” Kit! More on that later…
This fun card features a simple fun fold – the Panel Fold, where the full front of the card doesn’t reach all the way across. So part of the inside is revealed, and the parts that hang over the edge are visible when the card is open. Fun, right?
Now for the plaid trick.
Grab your Paper Trimmer and set the 6×6″ Designer Series Paper at a diagonal. I like to line the top corner up on the 2″ mark and the bottom corner also on the 2″ mark. It doesn’t matter much where you line up the corners – but you do want them to match if you want a traditional diagonal plaid.
Once you’ve got your first cut, you can make strips as wide or as narrow as you like. The strip on this card is 1″ wide – and I’ve cut a 1″ strip of Thick Whisper White Cardstock to back it, for two reasons. One, the plain on the back is the wrong season, and two, the paper isn’t quite strong enough on its own to hang over the edge.
I’m in love with the Gold Hoop Embellishments, too. I’ll share some tricks for working with them on the video tutorial, but here are some quick tips.
Quick Tips for Gold Hoop Embellishments
- Use the hoop to set up your focal point – add something inside it or create a visual frame with the hoop.
- Adhere the Gold Hoop with Mini Glue Dots. Hide the dots under embellishments (shhh…don’t tell the bats that they’re only there to hide the glue).
- Add a ribbon bit around the hoop to dress it up.
Fun, right? I’ve got a few more tips to share with you in the video tutorial. Remember that you’ll also be getting the printable PDF tutorial for this project (plus 3 others) when you place an order in my online order this month.
And if you order at least $50, you’ll be getting supplies direct to your mailbox for this card plus one of the others – pre-cut papers, embellishments and directions. Just order the Banner Year stamp set and punch bundle and inks if you’d like to make the card as I’ve designed it!
Ready to stamp?
Don’t forget that your order can qualify you for LovenStamps Perks Points and LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” when you use a hostess code! Check out the details on earning Perks Points and Card Kits with your order. September Tutorials are available through September 30!!
Remember the “I Want It All” Kit? The cool thing about this project (and my September Tutorials) is that they’re designed around exactly $125 in Stampin’ Up! supplies. Which is exactly the value of product that you can select as part of your Starter Kit — for only $99! AND in September, you’ll get TWO bonus stamp sets plus pre-cut supplies to make 16 cards. Learn more about the Get & Go special in September.
So if you like the idea of discounted stamping supplies, then the BEST value is to purchase the Demonstrator Starter Kit. Never fear – there are ALL kinds of demonstrators, from those who purchase for themselves at a discount all the way to demonstrators like me who craft and work full time. So anywhere in between – you are welcome! Please hop over and learn more about what it means to be a demonstrator.
And then check out the Starter Kit and my favorite perks of being a demonstrator!
Products You’ll Want for Stamping at Home (click images to order online – or use my 1-click Add-to-Cart ordering):
Shop the Holiday and Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalogs, new suites and collections are available now!
- Want a little? Place an order!
- When you order: use September Hostess Code (AYUP2NRT). Earn 1 LovenStamps Perks Point for every $25 you order online, plus LovenStamps Card Kits “To Go” with an order of $50 or more!
- Want a lot? Host a party – or be your own hostess with a large online order! (Stampin’ Rewards begin at $150 in orders)
- Want it ALL? Join my LovenStampfuls demonstrator family
LIMITED TIME Get & Go Starter Kit Offer:
- Get TWO bonus stamp sets for free, plus pre-cut card materials to make 16 cards (and envelopes).
- Demonstrator Starter Kit can be customized to include whatever YOU want to order!
- Just pick out $125 in product, and the kit is $99 plus you’ll save with FREE shipping.
- Learn more about joining my LovenStampfuls Demonstrator team!
Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog & Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine: Now open for ordering!
- It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Time for the “August – December 2020 Mini Catalog,” aka the Holiday Catalog.
- Check out suites and supplies for your projects.
- Be sure to request a copy of the paper catalog if you haven’t received one already.
- AND the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is now available for ordering!
- Shop the Holiday Catalog now in my online store.