Have you made a Tag Front Card yet? I am in love with this layout. A Tag Front Card opens sideway or up and down to reveal your message, but the decorations placed on the front of the card are still visible when the card is opened. So instead of having to design BOTH the card front and the card inside, Tag Front Cards use a single design to cover both areas.
Nifty, right? I have three design tips for you that will make your Tag Front Cards successful every time.
3 Proven Tips for Tag Front Card Design:
- Cut your cardstock layers first, incorporating your color scheme. Card base for a vertical Tag Front Card is 4 1/4″ x 7 3/4″, scored at 5 1/2″. The inner background layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Use a 2″ strip for your tag front overlay. This layer is the perfect fit for the Banner Triple Punch. Be sure to attach it with a strong adhesive like Tear & Tape since it will be lifted many times (because this card is going to be a favorite!).
- Create a strong focal point. The octopus here creates a magnet for your eye already, but adding the Sprinkles and the die cut net for extra texture really helps to cement the focus.
As I said, Tag Front Cards are one of my favorite designs, so you can check out a few more design ideas for them in my past blog posts.
Ready for a Stamping Secret? I have a trick for keeping my Tranquil Textures Sprinkles from spreading all over my stamping table – which is important, because they can make quite an impression when stray beads are trapped under card layers.
Just grab an empty Clear Mount Stamp Case (yes, you can order them as a set of 4) and use it as a tray for pouring the Sprinkles over your project. Since the cases have a natural funnel at the bottom, just partially close the case and pour the excess beads back into the container. And since you always have a stamp case handy (you can take the stamps you’re using out of the case), this is a quick and easy Stamping Secret!
Don’t forget that you can request Stamps in the Mail Club kits exclusively here at LovenStamps!
Ready to stamp? Be sure to request your kit. Already own the Sea of Textures stamp set? No problem – just request your kit and select different Stampin’ Up! product to include with your project kit.
Products You’ll Need for Crafting at Home (click the images to shop online):
Bonus Days have BEGUN!
Shop today to earn your Bonus Days codes!
- When you order: use the LovenStamps Stamp Club “To Go” Hostess Code (August: GC9BACVX). Orders of $40+ qualify for FREE Make N Take kits and extra FREE product!
- Earn a $5 coupon to spend in September for every $50 you order in August
Exclusive August Bundles!
Color Your Season stamps & framelits!
Limited time products –
While supplies last!
Stamps in the Mail Club with Meg
Sign up today for your AUGUST Kit!
Includes the Sea of Textures stamp set and three ink colors plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
BEST VALUE OPTION: Add the Under the Sea Framelits Dies to your kit at a discount – also available with Tranquil Textures Suite Bundles!