That’s a good question… and although I don’t remember this at all, my mom and my husband both say that I agonized over whether or not to sign up to be a demonstrator. Of course that was 7 years ago, and looking back I can easily say that I made the RIGHT choice to go ahead and do it!
What has Stampin’ Up! done for me over the past 7 years? Wow…so much that I can barely touch on everything, but I’ll give it a try 🙂
- Friends… I can’t believe how many wonderful people I’ve met through Stampin’ Up! Of course there are my customers (friends!) and my demonstrator family (upline, sidelines and downline members), plus all the demonstrators I’ve met all over the country. These are women (no offense–I’d be happy to have men in my downline, too!!) who share my passion for stamping and my love of sharing stamping with others. I often say, “You’re never a stranger when you’re with stampers!”
- Creativity… If you’re reading this Blog, you know you love to stamp! I absolutely love that I get paid to be creative and share my projects and ideas. And I love that being a demonstrator gives me an endless stream of ideas to copy! 😉 I see so many cool projects at events like my monthly LovenStampfuls Stamp N Share demonstrator event, or our recent Spring Into Stamping demonstrator event, or once a year at Stampin’ Up!’s Convention or Leadership events–I just wish I could skip sleeping entirely and stamp 24 hours a day!
- Vacations… I never imagined when I signed up, my husband and I have had the chance to go on 7 FREE cruises, courtesy of the Stampin’ Up! incentive trip program… Alaska, the Western Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Panama Canal, Bermuda, Hawaii and next year is the Southern Caribbean. We’re talking 7 or 8 day cruises, with paid airfare, fabulous veranda suite cabins and gratuities included! Let me just point out that we wouldn’t vacation this good without Stampin’ Up! 😉
- Recognition… How often do we hear, “wow Mom, you really did a great job picking up my Barbies today,” or a rousing, “Way to empty that dishwasher!” I love my family and feel very appreciated at home, but there is something cool about the congrats that go along with having my card posted on the Demonstrator Stamper’s Showcase (on the demo website), or an email from a downline member that says I really helped to inspire them. Stampin’ Up! is great at recognizing us, from the pin that comes from selling our first $1000, to the march across the stage at Convention for reaching the $200,000 sales milestone, to the chance to be called up on stage at Convention and receive a dozen roses and be asked to serve on the prestigious Stampin’ Up! Advisory Board.
- Income for our family… Vacations and recognition are nice, but the income from my business that pays our monthly mortgage, well, that’s pretty important too. Lots of non-stampers think that we get paid in free stamps. And I do get lots of free stamps (yay!) but being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator is a viable business opportunity. And since I’ve been around and tried different ways to build my business, I absolutely love coaching my downline members and helping them to use my experiences to benefit them, too.
So why talk about all this now? And yes, it does sound a little cheesy, but seriously, everything I’ve said is 100% true 🙂
The point is that I’d love to share the opportunity to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator with you, too. I love how much Stampin’ Up! has done for me, and I know being part of Stampin’ Up! can do great things for you, too–whether you choose to focus on ordering your own supplies at a discount for the next 6 months or decide to pay a monthly household bill with your income. Or hey, being a demonstrator can at least support your stamping addiction! No matter what you want to get out of being a demonstrator, my job is to help you get just that.
It’s ALWAYS a good time to become a demonstrator 🙂 The regular Demo Starter Kit is $199 and has product at a fabulous discount–more than $335 in value, so that’s a heck of a discount. Oh, and don’t forget that you get FREE shipping on your kit, no matter which one you choose!
Either way, you’ll love being part of the group–stamps at a discount, more ideas than you can use in a lifetime, friendly fellow stampers, a chance to build a business on your own terms–let me know if you have questions!
And of course if you’re ready to sign up, you can do that on my website (password: lovenstamps):
Oh, and did I mention that you can watch a video to learn more about Stampin’ Up! and being a demonstrator? Be sure to check it out!