Last night I held by Ceramic Seasons Tile Class–lots of fun! There are going to be some fantastic holiday gifts under a few trees this year.
I also showed everyone how to make my watercolored ceramic tile, using the Home for Christmas stamp set (111756).
- Stamp in Staz-On Jet Black
- Make a small palette of ink using the back of an old CD and add dots of Craft Reinkers in Garden Green, Real Red, More Mustard and Close to Cocoa
- Use an Aqua Painter with the ink palette to watercolor your tile (don’t squeeze so that only a little water comes through)
- When finished, tap the edge of the tile into a Close to Cocoa Craft Pad to add the border
- Spray coat with clear acrylic spray (from the hardware store), using 3-4 very light coats, allowing a few minutes to dry between each coat
- Use the Big Shot to cut a medium scallop circle from black felt, adhere to tile bottom with Crystal Effects
A quick note… it looks like the snow on the tree and the steps is whiter than the surrounding area. Actually, it just looks lighter by constrast, because of the darker ink on the faces of the steps and in the footprints. Yup, it’s a cool watercolor trick 🙂
If you’re looking for ceramic tiles like these, I recommend checking your local hardware store and asking for “tumbled marble tiles”. These make a terrific holiday gift–just picture them wrapped up in a pretty ribbon and with a pretty hand-stamped gift tag!
To Order Stampin’ Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!
Stamps: Home for Christmas (111756)
Inks: Craft Reinkers in Garden Green, Real Red, More Mustard and Close to Cocoa and Close to Cocoa Craft Pad
Accessories: Aqua Painters (103954), Big Shot (113439), Scallop Circle #2 Bigz Die (113469)