Isn’t the background on this tree gorgeous? I love the soft hazy look, especially for a solemn occasion like a sympathy card. The technique is super easy, too. All you need is a Clear Acrylic Block – here I used the C Block (118486) and it’s a perfect size to match lots of images. Thanks for the inspiration on this technique and color combo to Sharon Francis!
Acrylic Block Background Technique:
- Select a clear acrylic block to match your desired image size.
- Using the edge of your ink pad, ink part of the clear acrylic block. Using a second color, ink the remainder of the block.
- Place the block on your work surface, ink side up.
- Lay card stock cut to the exact block size on the inked block and press evenly over card stock with fingers or a brayer.
- Remove card stock and repeat without reinking if areas did not transfer.
Like the stamp set I used here? It’s Thoughts & Prayers (127805) and it’s an outstanding stamp set with some terrific sentiments included.
Shop the Deal of the Week!
- Offers available only while supplies last
- New items are listed every Tuesday
- Discounts appear in your shopping bag at checkout
Up to 50% off on many items!
Don’t miss 24 Hour Doorbusters on Dec 2!
Combine your orders in my store to earn Hostess Rewards!