I don’t know about you, but I absolutely LOVE to take half an hour and page through my favorite scrapbooking magazines. Maybe you prefer card magazines or even the Stampin’ Up! catalog (yay!), but I’m sure you can identify with seeing dozens of fabulous project ideas and figuring out what you want to create next.
The other night I flipped through the pages of a popular scrapbooking magazine, turning page corners over to earmark ideas that I wanted to use. This layout featured a little girl and the colors were pinks and reds, but I adapted them for a picture of my 2 kids:
Here’s a sampling of the elements in my layout:
- “friend” embellishment, from the Happy Bday Designer Kit
- Oval Punch (Real Red with a Whisper White mat)
- Designer Series Paper, from the Happy Bday Designer Kit
- corner words, in Whisper White, font: Arial
- photo corner heart, from the Holiday Blitz stamp set
- corner heart embellishment: Real Red button, Certainly Celery Ribbon Knot, heart in Real Red from the Best Wishes & More stamp set, bordered label from the Happy Bday Designer Kit
An extra tip… don’t forget to add drop shadows to anything you want to appear dimensional. For example, look at the bottom of the corner tag embellishment: it has a drop shadow, which helps it to stand out from the page.
For these two pages I started with an idea in a magazine and customized to fit my own picture and theme. Now you can start with my layout and adapt it to your own needs!
To Order Stampin’ Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!
My Digital Studio: 118108