Have you begun to despair over what to purchase for the special people on your Christmas list? Are you wondering what you will find for the person who already has 10 Santa-themed dish towels and matching aprons?
Guess what–you can MAKE that person a Santa-themed set of Ceramic Tile Coasters with the Jolly Old Saint Nick stamp set, to match her holiday kitchen-ware!
Okay, maybe not Santas, but you never know–maybe some nice flowers, like this tile with the Awash With Flowers stamp set:
Making these tiles is an easy project with Staz-On ink and Stampin’ Up! Craft Pad Reinkers. Here are the directions for Ceramic Tile Coasters:
- Stamp in Staz-On Jet Black
- Make a small palette of ink using the back of an old CD and add dots of Craft Reinkers in colors from the Brights Palette
- Use an Aqua Painter with the ink palette to watercolor your tumbled marble tile (don’t squeeze so that only a little water comes through)
- When finished, stamp a monogram in Staz-On ink with the Broadsheet Alphabet or another stamp set
- Spray coat with clear acrylic spray (from the hardware store), using 3-4 very light coats, allowing a few minutes to dry between each coat
- Use the Big Shot to cut a medium scallop circle from black felt, adhere to tile bottom with Crystal Effects
There are all kinds of fun tiles you can dream up. Here is a sample with the Home for Christmas stamp set that I made last year. A set of 4 tiles wrapped up in a pretty coordinating ribbon (gotta love those coordinating Stampin’ Up! products!) makes a beautiful gift for the holidays or any house-warming or hostess gift.
I even did a set of tiles with the Season of Friendship stamp set–you can check those out here.
To Order Stampin’ Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!
Don’t miss the new Clearance Rack additions! Nearly 300 choices, up to 80% off! Shop online through my website now for best selection!