Think bright colors, big blooms, chocolate…
What’s not to love? Yes, pretty much any project with chocolate makes me happy, it’s true. But projects using the latest goodies from the Stampin’ Up! Summer Mini Catalog!
This fun summer gift idea could be used as a centerpiece for cookouts, wedding or baby showers or just for fun.
And we’ll be making it at Stamp Club in May (tonight and tomorrow, May 12th and 13th–email me for details if you’d like to join us here in Mahomet, IL!). We’ll also be making these at our LovenStampfuls demonstrator group Stamp N Share on Saturday…let me know if you’d like information about being a demonstrator–you’re welcome to join us on Saturday as my guest!
The blossoms themselves were created using the new Big Shot Die from the Summer Mini Catalog– Stampin’ Up! Island Floral. The die has two different flowers plus an extra petal/leaf and a 3-sided petal/leaf.
***TIP*** Here’s how I assembled my flowers:
- Use the Big Shot to die cut the large 5-petal flower, the small 5-petal flower and the 3-petal flower, all from the Island Floral Die in bright petal colors
- Die cut another 3-petal piece in Old Olive for leaves
- Curling all flower card stock pieces up towards the center and the leaves down toward the stem, attach with SNAIL adhesive so that the center holes line up
- Use a bamboo skewer to poke through the hole in all layers.
- Leave 1/8″ of the skewer sticking up through the blossom and add a Pop-Up Glue Dot to the top of the skewer. Use the same Glue Dot to attach the peanut butter cup to the blossom.
- Stamp and punch the 3/4″ Circle Punch pieces for the tops of the peanut butter cups.
- To make centerpiece, assemble an Island Oasis Party Favor Box and add a weight to the bottom (i.e. glass beads). Using the pokey end (technical term 😉 of the bamboo skewer, poke a hole through the top of the Favor Box. You may need to trim down the skewer so it’s not too top-heavy.
- Repeat to add 3 blossoms ‘on stems’ to each Favor Box. Optional: add extra flowers die cut from the Island Oasis Designer Series Paper to the top of the box to disguise skewers. Stamp and cut out flower image from the Tropical Party stamp set to add to flowers.
Planning favors for a wedding, graduation party or other event? Be sure to check out some of my other recent Candy Project blog posts!
To Order Stampin’ Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!
Stamps: Rough Type (wood mount-118659, clear-120072), Tropical Party (w-118515, c-120081)
Ink: Rose Red, Old Olive
Paper: Rose Red, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Temping Turquoise, Island Oasis Designer Series Paper (117173)
Accessories: 3/4″ Circle Punch, Island Oasis Party Favor Boxes (117178), Stampin’ Up! Island Floral Bigz Die (118871), Big Shot (113439), Pop-Up Glue Dots