I’m in love with this stamp set. And for some reason (even though she’s not a fan of pink), this card always makes me smile and think of my teenage daughter. When did she grow up and get to be a teenager, anyway? No matter the age, the Quirky Critter stamp set is one of my favorites from the new Stampin’ Up! catalog.
Love the background? I used the new Embossing Paste and the Pattern Party Decorative Masks, also from the new catalog that debuted in June. The clouds are a perfect pattern for using with the paste. Whether you get the paste exactly smooth or have a little texture, the effect is terrific.
Meg’s Steps for Using Embossing Paste:
- Place the Decorative Mask of your choice on the card stock.
- Use a palette knife to take Embossing Paste from the container and spread it across the template.
- Use palette knife to smooth paste and remove excess back to the container.
- Close Embossing Paste immediately and wash both decorative mask and palette knife immediately.
This last one is pretty important. Even though I made 30+ of these cards for a demonstrator swap (I’ve been doing a lot of those lately!), I washed the knife and the template every 3-4 cards. The paste dries really quickly, so you’ll want to keep it from building up on the template.
Washing was simple – I just carried the template and knife to the bathroom sink and rinsed with water.
Products You’ll Need to Create This Card at Home:
BONUS DAYS are here! $5 free with each $50!
Shop today for your favorite NEW items!
- Each $50 you order in July earns a $5 Bonus Days Coupon Code – good for $5 off any order in August!
- When you order: use the LovenStamps Stamp Club “To Go” Hostess Code (July: 7RCF6AX6). Orders of $40+ qualify for FREE Make N Take kits and extra FREE product!
It’s CHRISTMAS IN JULY!
Receive a bonus $72 in product with your Demonstrator Starter Kit!
- Starter Kit is $99 and shipping is free – pick out $125 in product of your choice!!
- Between July 1 and 31, you’ll also get the Essentials Gift Pack and a Sneak Peek stamp set for FREE! That’s $72 in additional supplies, for a total value of $197 – all for $99!
- Get more details or join today!
Stamps in the Mail Club with Meg
Sign up today for your JULY Kit!
Milkshakes? Cupcakes? The Coffee Cafe stamp set is not just for coffee any more!
Includes the Coffee Cafe stamp set, 2 ink spots, Corrugated Embellishments plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
BEST VALUE OPTION: Get the coordinating Coffee Cups Framelits Dies at a discount! Upgrade to full size Classic Ink Pads! Or select BOTH upgrades!