In the new Occasions Catalog, the Lace Doilies come 24 to a package. That’s a lot of lace. What to do with it all? This month I’m sharing a variety of techniques for the Lace Doilies with my February Stamps in the Mail Club projects, pairing them with the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set.
This card takes one doily and turns it into two. The technique is simple. Just find a spot in the circle medallion and use Paper Snips to trim the doilies apart into a smaller medallion and a larger ring. And there are so many more possibilities – any point in the doily can be cut to make two or even three or four circles.
Designer Series Paper Trick: Leave No Scraps!
I have another great trick to share in this card – learn how to use your Designer Series Paper without wasting any scraps. This is one of my favorite tricks, actually. I love how the Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper colors are always perfect with the matching ink and card stock.
- Cut your 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper sheet into 12 pieces – each will be 3″ x 4″.
- Cut coordinating card stock mats to 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ (you’ll get 6 to a letter-sized sheet, so select and cut 2 different color sheets).
- Mix and match the double-sided Designer Series Paper with the card stock mats and mount on regular sized cards
Here are several other samples using the Leave No Scraps trick for Designer Series Paper:
- Lift Me Up stamps with the Carried Away Designer Series Paper (free during Sale-A-Bration!)
- Balloon Adventures stamps with Party Animal Designer Series Paper
- Sparkly Season stamps with Holiday Foil Designer Vellum
- Acorny Thank You stamps with Into the Wood Designer Series Paper
With Stamps in the Mail Club, all the pieces are included – ready to stamp. You’ll even get the ink and stamp set. Just add your own adhesive and scissors and you’ll be stamping! Already have the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set or ink? No problem! Just pick out another Stampin’ Up! item from your Wish List and you’ll receive that item with your kit instead.
Sale-A-Bration Time! FREE STAMPS!
Shop and select a FREE set for every $50 you order!
- When you order: use the LovenStamps Stamp Club “To Go” Hostess Code (February: HYHDPPWC). Orders of $40+ qualify for FREE Make N Take kits and extra FREE product!
- Download the Sale-A-Bration catalog here
Stamps in the Mail Club with Meg
Sign up today for your February Kit!
Includes the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set, 2 ink spots, New Lace Doilies, plus supplies for making 4 fabulous projects!
BEST VALUE OPTION: Get the coordinating Detailed Dragonflies Dies at a discount!