Are you looking for Christmas gift ideas to make? Do you want to use your Big Shot die cut machine?
Then this Book Cover is a great project! You can customize to any fabric or book size (here I used the gorgeous Deck the Halls Designer Fabric from Stampin’ Up!).
This book cover happens to be a Bible cover that I made for a friend’s birthday. She has just started taking CCD classes and I sent her a copy of the Life Application Study Bible (love it). But I thought her Bible needed a quilted book cover 🙂
- piece of the quilting fabric
- then a piece of natural cotton batting
- then the top piece of fabric
Here are the basic steps:
- I assembled quilted squares until the fabric was large enough to cover the open Bible.
- I laid the Bible on top and folded the ends in, then closed the book to make sure the cover would fit when the spine is closed.
- Finally, I stitched the ends to make a pocket for the front and back cover.
- Lastly, I embellished with a Scallop Circle flower cut from the Scallop Circle #2 Die.
For the Scallop Circle flower, the end result is impressive, but the steps are easy!
- Cut 4 of the larger Scallop Circles and one smaller for the center
- Fold each larger circle in half (wrong sides together) and begin to weave them. I find it easiest to tack them quickly with a little bit of Glue Stick so they don’t unfold while I’m weaving.
- Add 4 circles together so the last circle is under the previous but on top of the first… makes sense in the picture.
- Tack together with needle and thread, then add smaller Scallop Circle to center.
These turn out really well, especially with a bit of matching Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Tape and Victoria Crochet Trim held on with a Antique Brad. Nifty! I added this final flower embellishment to the front of my book cover (yes, needle and thread).
To Order Stampin’ Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!
Don’t miss the Holiday Bundle Specials! Gift ideas for yourself or a friend, priced at 20% off! Shop online through my website now.